Sunday, December 27, 2009

Engagements


After over two years of dating Eric and I finally decided to get hitched. We had been back and forth trying to decide what to do when one night I think he had finally had enough. While on the phone he said, "well...... if we can't commit then maybe we should just break up and go our separate ways." I got off the phone with him and went down stairs and started crying to mom. With her tender words She said, "Jeni, either poop or get off the pot (she used a different word than poop, that stunned me :)." She then said, "eventually one day you will have to commit, so decide if you want to be with Eric (at this point everyone was sick of my sob story), or move on and find someone else to marry and commit to." I guess that was the wake up call I needed. After two years of an off and on relationship I looked at her and said, " I want to marry him." I went right over to Eric's house, he was watching the Jazz, went down stairs and said, "I have made up my mind." He looked me like here it goes again....another 2 day break:) and I said, "I think we should get married. "He said, "no" and I went home. Just kidding, he said, "when" and I said, "maybe July 1st(8 weeks a way)." and then it was history!



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we use this house and yard for your pictures... it's a place I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did not stun you :) She says that word all the time :) Fun to see your super gorgeous Pictures again--Love you
    PS we wre all sick of your sob story :) Hallelujah!!! So happy you POOPED :)

    ReplyDelete