Monday, February 7, 2011

34 Weeks! 6 more to go and the lessons to learn.

Okay, so I could hit myself for complaining of being in discomfort at 25 weeks on my blog. I didn't know what was a head of me. I used to look at pregnant people waddling around, arching their backs and standing up to stretch every ten minutes and think, "oh suck it," it's not that bad. I am a stupid girl. It is that bad! :) I will never judge another pregnant person again, even if they are doing a head stand to get a moment of relief.

I have a feeling, that I realized from this pregnancy experience, that I need to start now and that is; I will not judge any mom that I see doing anything. In the past I would see moms doing random things or going against all the parenting skills that I learned in school not to do and think, "Oh when I am a mom, I will NEVER do that," but now I know, I probably will, I might be "that" mom.

I might sneak my child a sucker when they are screaming their head off in the grocery store and I have to finish getting groceries for dinner after a long day work and I might slide the binki into their mouth after the age I have been reading in parenting books is absolutely unacceptable when I just need them to stop crying for a few seconds to regain my sanity and I might even let my kids nibble on their food through out the day if I feel they have not gotten enough even though I want them eating on a fixed schedule like I was taught was essential to do in my Applied Behavior Analysis Class. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

And this is just the beginning of my lessons learned being a new mom and I am not even one yet.

5 comments:

  1. I knew you were judging me! J/K Very funny post:) I wish you weren't in so much pain, but I am so glad you are about to have my cute little nephew! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, I guess I'm "that" mom too. You'll have to bring your little baby back to visit us, and don't worry you'll be the best parents for your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...your blog! Looks so cute and updated!
    I love you too....but the sucker bit?!?!? Your babies binky will BE a sucker. Wahhhhhh-haaaaa!!
    It's little rattles will be little candy shaker dispensers :) OK I'll stop. REALLY you are, and will be an AWSOME mom. The phsical pain will end...can't guarantee anything mental :)
    XOXOXOXO Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, my kid is going to be a little diabetic and be begging for fruits and veggies NOT candy. Hey, I turned out all right living off candy as my main food source :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenni,
    Saw this link to your blog on facebook and had to comment on your cute belly! Lookin' good. You are super close now (maybe your not even pregnant anymore). Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete