Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 weeks done 15 more to go!

Yeah!!!! 25 weeks. I think it's finally hitting the uncomfortable part of the pregnancy for me. I sit and the middle of my back aches, I stand/walk and my right hip and buttocks area hurts :) and people say it only gets worse.

Getting ready for work is my favorite event of the day. As I get ready in the morning I try on one thing and throw it to the floor. Grab another shirt that used to be my favorite, stretch it out to see if that makes me look better, throw it to the ground thinking to myself, "can't pull that off anymore." Go into the bathroom and apply more makeup thinking that will help my clothes look more chic. Try on shoes with a little height to spruce things up and that just makes my hip hurt. "Oh, I know, a cardigan", that will shirley do the trick but now what shirt to go under??? 8:35 a.m., now I am late. I grab the first thing I threw on the floor that morning, put it on and run out the door.

I know I sound like a complainer but I actually find this experience more comical and exciting than painful. It's definitely a different out of body experience. I think it's amazing what our bodies are capable of doing even if that causes my belly button to elongate:)

We are so excited for our new addition and it has been so much fun getting the babies room together, trying to think of a name and anticipating what it's going to be like to be parent's. Only time will tell.

8 comments:

  1. You look darling Jenni! I tried to do the belly shot and quickly opted to not put it up for all the world to view! I feel your pain, since I'm having the same ones as you. It's all worth it though! It was good to see you on Black friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! We are so excited for you! Cute tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post, so funny! I feel bad that your body is hurting so bad...just make sure Eric gives you lots of foot and back rubs. I can't wait to meet your little baby boy (he and Lucy will be little buddies) but, I think I am more excited to watch you experience being a mom! There is nothing better! This coming from a sleep deprived mom of a 8 year old, a 6 year old and a new two week old! I am so tired, have nothing to wear that looks good on me, I haven't showered today, I think I brushed my teeth? And I have spit up all down my shoulder right now. Honestly?? I could not be happier:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat! I love how you put it! It is TRULY life's GREATEST blessing to be a mom! The pain won't totally go away, your clothes will NEVER fit the same, but the little precious miracle makes it worth it EVERY single day!!!! I can't wait for you to be a mom Jenni! You are DARLING pregnant, by the way :) Can't wait to see you at Grandmas Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen-i-fer! It's really real :0) I wish I could see you for real. I don't know if I can accept this......when I was there in the summer you were not showing at all.....by the time I return POOF.....a magical little BB will have appeared!!! I love you....you look so so so super cute. Pulling it off well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know completely how you feel. I think for me the worst thing about being pregnant was trying to find something to wear!By the way, I have that shirt and lived in it while I was pregnant...(until it had to stretch so much it looked like it was going around a pumpkin!). You look so pretty and your tree is very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only get better, don't let anyone fool you. The best is yet to come.

    Will you come to dinner so I can rub your lucky belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacob will be disappointed if you don't name him Nardos so if you don't he still might call him that.

    ReplyDelete